An ethical person does the right thing, even when no one is looking.
What does that mean in practical terms? Here are my 9 promises to you:
9. I won’t sell you stuff just to sell you stuff. We start by creating a personalized Roadmap just for you, so we first find out what you want to accomplish, and then see what will help you get there.
8. I won’t take you on if I think you’re better off getting a solid job. If I can help you find one, I will. Some people truly are not meant to be entrepreneurs.
7. I will tell you the truth. You may really want to sell on Amazon, but if I don’t think you’re a match for it, I’ll tell you that truthfully. You can do what you want with that information, of course. But I will always lay it out for you.
6. I’ll tell you that truth, even if it costs me. Let’s imagine I have the perfect Amazon course, and I stand to make money when people buy it. And I know of another program that costs less, or is even free, in the arena where I think you’re better matched. I’ll urge you to go with that venture, even though I will earn less, or nothing.
5. And even if you don’t like it. Chances are, I won’t reflect anything back to you that’s a surprise. But if I do, and you don’t like it, I won’t lie to you about it. I’ll tell you the truth ~ even the hard truths. No one who lies to you is your friend.
4. Sometimes I might send you away. If I don’t have the best training or opportunity to help you, and one of my many (also ethical) collaborators has just the thing, I’ll give you their name, free and clear.
3. I honor my time, so I’ll honor yours. I have two kids, two dogs, a spouse I love, a big garden, and an art studio. My time is precious to me. So I don’t waste it. And I won’t waste yours. I’m not gonna send you emails just to have something to send. Or suggest links or articles just to sound knowledgeable. If I send or recommend something to you, it’s because I think it’s valuable.
2. I will never sell you a back-alley deal. Everything I offer as a solution to you is either a program I have studied myself, or an opportunity tested and vetted by someone I deeply trust. Training, course, program, business-in-a-box ~ whatever I offer to you is trustworthy.
1. No magical thinking. There are literally thousands of “courses” out there, all claiming to make you money while you sleep, turn you into a millionaire this year, and fulfill all your wildest dreams with no effort on your part at all. Hogwash. Online incomes require work. Very different work than when I was mopping floors, grunting out farmwork, or cranking food out in a diner, and with a bigger possible upside. The only thing worse than no job at all is a minimum wage job you think you can’t live without, because it steals your time, as well. Passionately I believe in the beauty of entrepreneurship, the drive to create more value for our customers and more income for ourselves. But it’s not magic. It’s work. I’ll never tell you otherwise.
Choosing to behave ethically is not always easy.
Sometimes it costs time, and money, and even friendships. But I can sleep at night. Make sure you can, too.
At Z Seekers we are committed to helping you earn a profitable, ethical online income, because I’m committed to doing that for myself.
Lisa Johnson, Seeker at Z Seekers